Saturday, February 23, 2013

So They Made You A Star




Sometimes a great old song pops up in my head and I'm singing it all day.  "Star" by Stealers Wheel is a classic. A Scottish Folk/Pop Duo formed in 1972 Joe Egan And Gerry Raffery had an even bigger hit with "Stuck In The Middle With You". I didn't realize that Joe Egan was the lead singer in he band since his and Gerry Rafferty's voices sound very similar.

 Well I guess I have to correct myself Joe Egan did not sing Stuck in the Middle With You It Was Gerry Rafferty. Apparently Rafferty Left The Band After They had Their First Hit But Was Persuaded To Return and Joe Egan Had To Mime The Video. So anyway  Here's A Live Clip of "Star" (With Joe Egan Really Singing) From The Beat Club and a strange Video of "Stuck In The Middle With You"








No comments:

Post a Comment